Monday, February 8, 2016

"I Dont See Color!" Said the White Blind Man to His Black Deaf Wife


"I dont see color"
"Black Lives Matter? How about ALL lives matter?"
"Why is there a black history month or BET?"
"Why is there so much division?"

**BULLSHIT**

Lets analyze these common statements from some ignorant people of non-color with "seemingly" good hippy intentions of inclusion and LOVE.
Look people, we know you are well intended with your euphoric, butterfly language of love and union and holding hands and kumbaya n shit, but Im gonna be curt.

You do see color. We ALL see color. 



The only person who can claim to not see color is a blind man and even then colors can be explained as emotions or feelings.

Lets get one thing straight. I want EVERYONE to see color. Being black is apart of who who I am. It shapes and molds a person culturally and socially. Being black is an indication of the kind of treatment I will get from another person. My struggles have made me the woman you see today. My triumphs and nappy hair are apart of my blackness and therefore apart of me. 



"Seeing no color" is a myth. Differences is what makes us a unique mix. You wouldn't puree a salad and serve it to someone would you? Why? Because each component adds a special flavor, texture, and shape. Their differences make the salad tasty. 

But Kassie "We're all the same on the inside..." 

*BS*

 




No we're not, and if you told a Med School student we're all the same on the inside it would be *cringeworthy* Stand a male and a female next to each other. Cut them open. 
A man has a penis--I do not. 
A woman has a vagina--a man does not.  
Women have estrogen and breast.
Men have testosterone and facial hair.
These are things that make up apart of who we are. Emotionally women are nurturers and men are protectors and providers this is how God (and/or Mother Nature for the non-believers) made us. 

Why aren't we going around calling men and women the same--oh wait "we are" in the feminist movement (misnomer). Actually feminism is a movement to create the same OPPORTUNITIES for both sexes not a claim that men and women are physiologically the same. So if a woman wants to be a construction worker/soldier in battle/miner/ceo/main breadwinner she should have that right to do so and get paid the same (but let's save that for another blog post). The point is my color, your lack thereof, his ethnicity, her culture, his creed all these differences make for an interesting mix.



Lets not put my color in a blender to dissolve in some bland confused melting pot of culture. Let my color keep its flavor and shape and then add it to the other cultures in the pot to create a salad amalgamation of America.

A better statement: 
"I see your color but I don't care"

My last point is that even if you think you don't see color. Subconsciously--You DO! Its called implicit bias. Just below the surface of your conscious mind, you are making preferences, micro-judgements and decisions based on stereotypes, sensationalist media and your misguided perception. 



Something like 60% of Americans are biased towards white people. That means 60% of black and white people have a preference towards white people and subconsciously think black people are untrustworthy. Don't believe me just watch! Take the test, click here!

Even on a global scale color matters. Why? Because European Colonialist went around the world conquering black, yellow, brown nations and telling them their color is a problem and you shouldnt own this land because we the white imperialists can do a better job than your savage, primitive, dark complected tribe. 

Australia.
India.
West Indies.
Native Americans.
Africa.
SE Asia.
South America.



And now 400 years later their offspring all of a sudden DONT want to see color? Nah homie, its gonna take more than 40 years of integration and tolerance to reverse what white european mass murderers like;
  • King Leopold II (10 Million Congolese) and 
  • Christopher Columbus (49 Million  American Indians) and 
  • Vasco Núñez de Balboa (2 Million indigenous central americans), 
  • German General Lothar von Trotha (110,000 Herero and Nama Africans), 
  • Hitler (11 million Jewish people, Gypsies, and Differently Abled people), 
  • European Slave Traders/Owners (11 Million Africans during the Middle Passage). 
  • Honorable mentions: Australian Aboriginals, Armenians, Rwandan Genocide...(probably another 2 Million)


OMG I could go on and on and on....but I won't because this shit is depressing and I got things to do today. And for all the people who have died to get me here--you WILL see my color and one day it WONT matter and you'll make no judgements or pre decisions or faulty conclusions because of it. But one day we all will see the power and the triumphant blessings of being black.

"I see your color but I don't care"




No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?

Free xml sitemap generator